The All Black National Convention in Atlanta is the premier event for African Americans looking for serious change, both in this country and abroad. Every topic will be covered, from police brutality, educational disparities, the wealth gap, the voices of black women, the survival of black men, and much more.
For three days, we'll be at The Shrine of The Black Madonna in Atlanta, GA from noon until 9 pm, having powerfully authentic conversations on issues we face, as well as designing constructive solutions that will build a stronger and more empowered black community. We will also screen several black films, allow for meet & greet opportunities, creating a series of events you'll never forget.
Take a look at the schedule and decide which tickets you'd like to buy.
The all-access pass is the best deal for anyone who can't decide which event you'd like to attend, since it gives you access to all public events. You are also welcome to purchase tickets for individual events, which will be $25 each or $35 at the door.
The schedule of events is listed below:
Thursday, September 15th: Resurrecting Black Wall Street - Building the Black American Economic Powerhouse
12:00 - 12:30: Opening remarks by Dr Boyce Watkins
12:30 - 2:00: No Movie Live Streaming...come back at 2PM
2:00 – 3:00: Panel Discussion – Resurrecting Black Wall Street: What’s it going to take to build black wealth?
- Andre Hatchett - Founder, TheBlackRealEstateSchool.com
- LaNée Javet - CEO and Founder, CulSire.com and The Mogul Institute
- Shaquita Graham - CEO and Founder, AttechCo.com
- David Anderson - Founder, The Black Empowerment Radio Network
- Jay Morrison - Founder, The Jay Morrison Academy
- Ric Mathis - Director of the film, "Black Friday"
- Tim Jackson - CEO and Founder, Tim Jackson Realty, LLC
3:00 – 3:30: Address by Micae Brown - Host of The Micae Brown Report
Thursday Evening Session, 9/15: Do Black Lives REALLY matter? The commercialization of consciousness
5:00 – 5:45: Dr Boyce Watkins Keynote address
5:45 - 6:30: Zaza Ali Keynote address
6:30 – 8:00: Dr Boyce & Zaza Ali panel discussion
8:00 – 8:15: Address by Micae Brown
Friday, Sept 16th: Afternoon session: Turning black families into economic empires
2:00 – 2:30: Dr. Monikah Ogando Halsey - Time to unlock your inner CEO
2:30 - 3:15: Dr Boyce Watkins - How to turn your child into a millionaire
3:15 - 3:30: Micae Brown - Host, The Micae Brown report
Friday Evening session, 9/16: Race, gender and the lesser of two evils - how should black people move forward in the 2016 election?
5:00 – 5:45: Keynote – Yvette Carnell, Founder of BreakingBrown.com
5:45 – 7:00: (Panel) Lesser of Two evils – Can black people really fix our problems by voting for either major political party?
- Yvette Carnell
- Dr Boyce Watkins
- Michael Imhotep - Founder, The African History Network
7:00 – 8:30: (Panel) Black Women United - Elevating the voices of black women
- Dr Raymonda Stevens – Diagnostic Radiologist
- Zaza Ali – author of the book, “Black Matters”
- Yvette Carnell – founder of BreakingBrown.com
- Nomalanga Mhlauli-Moses – Mrs. Botswana 2012 and founder of HealthyBlackWoman.com
- Madam Prezident – Spoken word artist and filmmaker
- Naturally Triece – Host of the show, “Daddy-Daughter Discussions”
Saturday, Sept 17th: Saturday Afternoon session: Reclaiming the image and protection of the black man in America
12:00 – 12:30: Keynote – Malik Z. Shabazz, Esq., National President and Founder - Black Lawyers for Justice
12:30 – 2:00: (Panel) Why do they keep killing our men? Police brutality, racial harassment and genocidal extermination within the criminal justice system
- Yarima Karama - Hip-hop artist, activist
- Malik Zulu Shabazz - Founder, Black Lawyers for Justice
- Judge Olu Stevens
- Killer Mike - Hip-hop artist, activist
- Ken Williams Use of Force/Police Reform Expert
2:00 – 3:15: (Panel) Black Men United - Rebuilding the image of the black man in America
- Killer Mike - Hip-hop artist and activist
- Andre Hatchett - Founder of The Black Real Estate School
- Yarima Karama - Hip-hop and spoken word artist
- Dr Roosevelt Mitchell III - Author and educator
- David Banner - Hip-hop artist, activist, public speaker
Saturday Evening Session, 9:17: The Intellectual hijacking of black children and black people
7:00 – 8:15: (Panel) The miseducation of black children
- Dr Tyra Seldon - Founder, The Seldon Writing Group
- Dr Roosevelt Mitchell III - Author, educator and host of Your Black World News
- Nomalanga Mhlauli-Moses - Founder, HealthyBlackWoman.com and TheBlackHomeSchoolGuide.com
- Dr Adrienne Lacy Griffin: Coordinator of Special Education in DeKalb County School District
- Rashida Range – Mother of straight A student, Co-founder of Black Allegiance.net
8:15 – 8:45: Closing remarks by Dr Boyce Watkins